Let’s learn some of the unknown amazing benefits of banana hair masks and enhance your beauty within no time.
Table of Contents
- How to use bananas in cosmetology?
- Effects using Banana Mask
- How does Banana affect the skin?
- Banana hair mask for dry hair
- Banana hair mask for normal and oily hair
- Regenerating Banana Hair Mask
- The banana hair mask that improves the process of hair growth
- Ultimate guide: how to make a homemade mask
- How to wash hair after a banana mask?
How to use bananas in cosmetology?
In cosmetology, a banana extract is used, which is incorporated into various face and body skincare creams. The nutrients have a complex effect on the health and condition of the skin.
- Phytosterols help reduce wrinkles, improve skin micro-relief;
- Vitamin B contributes to the normalization of cellular metabolism, nourishes, moisturizes the skin while maintaining its elasticity and elasticity;
- Vitamins C and E rejuvenate the skin, improving its appearance and preventing premature wilting.
- Calcium, which is part of a banana, provides the skin with a good structure, makes it more elastic, youthful, and beautiful, giving stability to the cell membranes.
- Magnesium is responsible for normalizing the respiratory processes of the skin; it helps relieve vascular and muscle spasms.
- Potassium removes slags and toxins well, and phosphorus reliably protects the skin from the adverse effects of the external environment.
The beneficial properties of the banana extract are well manifested in a variety of cosmetics, from anti-aging facial serum to protective children’s cream. In addition, and in combination with milk proteins, the banana extract has a good relaxing effect on sensitive skin; it effectively relieves irritation and redness.
Effects using Banana Hair Mask
Each substance performs a specific function:
- Penetrating into the scalp inside the structure of each hair at different depths
- Normalizing the metabolic processes
- Strengthening the root follicles
- Contributing to their more intensive growth. Thus, each element performs a specific task, and in general, the hair blooms after such a complex, almost healing effect.
- Tocopherol (vitamin of beauty and youth – E) improves the condition of tired, lifeless dull curls, who in no way want to be reanimated by the most expensive means; restores almost any microdamage in the hair structure – effectively heals fragile strands and split ends, as well as hair that has suffered as a result of a perm or intensive dyeing; synthesizes collagen and elastin in cells – substances responsible for elasticity, strength, shiny appearance of curls;
- Ascorbic acid (immunopositive vitamin C) reduces the damage that external atmospheric effects (excessive UV radiation, excess salty seawater, polluted air, etc.) cause strands.
- A whole group of vitamins B has a healing effect and helps to eliminate the painful manifestations associated with the scalp and diseased strands:
- Folic acid (known as vitamin B9, or folate) helps combine to strengthen the immune system and repel harmful external attacks;
- Pantothenic acid (this is vitamin B5) slows down the beginning aging processes in cells, preserving the young elasticity and vitality of hair for a long time.
- Pyridoxine (vitamin B6, very useful for hair) has anti-inflammatory and antifungal properties and treats any form of seborrhea: after healing banana masks, dandruff will be much less;
- Niacin (a vitamin known under different encodings – PP, B3) is considered the best vitamin for hair growth and against hair loss; it also, like pyridoxine, does not allow hair to turn into gray hair;
- Potassium is found most of all, which, getting inside the hair and scalp, regulates the level of hydration necessary for the cells’ normal functioning – the condition of the most drained, thinned, brittle strands will improve.
- The rich vitamin content of the Banana makes it an invaluable product for making homemade hair masks. It has another very valuable advantage – it does not irritate the skin because it has a fibrous structure. Therefore, the banana hair mask is soft and soft in its action.
How does Banana affect the skin?
Numerous studies show that a banana is helpful for the health of internal organs and processes and is also healthy for skincare and hair. The world’s biggest cosmetic companies buy tons of bananas every year to make various creams, lotions, masks, other skincare products, etc. It helps to moisturize the skin and helps eliminate wrinkles.
- For hair care, Banana has a nourishing, moisturizing, and firming effect. To achieve the effect, you should follow some recommendations: do not knead the Banana with a fork, and whisk with a blender for a homogeneous mass. Otherwise, the lumps will be poorly washed out.
- Before washing the mask with water, apply shampoo to the hair and make a foam; otherwise, the hair may remain sticky; Do not keep the mask on your hair for more than 20-30 minutes (do not let it dry). Let’s see my favorite hair masks:
2. Banana mask for dry hair
- We must take one Banana and knead well. Add one yolk to a bowl, 0.5 cups sour cream, and one teaspoon of natural honey.
- Mix all ingredients.
- The prepared mask is gently applied to the head and massaged into the entire surface of the hair.
- After applying the mask, you must wear a special plastic cap and tie it ahead with a towel.
- One hour later, you can wash off the mask with shampoo and warm water. It is common for such a mask to make the hair more beautiful, soft, docile. It restores damaged hair and perfectly moisturizes them.
3. Banana mask for normal and oily hair
- You need to take the pulp of 1 banana, mash it and add 2 tsp of squeezed lemon juice. Mix well.
- The mask is ready, but before applying it to the head, it is necessary to moisten the hair with fresh milk.
- The mask must be kept for half an hour under a towel; then all washed off with water.
4. Regenerating Banana Hair Mask
- Mix one Banana with one yolk, adding 1 tbsp. A spoon of honey and the same sour cream.
- The resulting mass is applied to the scalp and gently massages over the surface of the hair.
- This mask must be kept under a plastic hat with a towel for at least 1 hour.
- After the procedure, the mask is washed off with shampoo.
5. The banana hair mask that improves the process of hair growth
- One perennial banana, which is ground in a blender, adding 1 tbsp. A spoon of sea salt.
- The finished mixture is gently applied to the surface of the head and rubbed with massaging movements.
- Use a plastic cap and cover with a warm towel on top.
- Mask hold about 30 minutes. Then wash off using shampoo and warm water.
Ultimate guide: how to make a homemade banana hair mask
- Do not use for the preparation of home masks too overripe, blackened, as well as immature, green fruit. They should be light yellow, elastic, without spots. After peeling a banana, remove another thin layer from it: often, it creates a tackiness sensation.
- If a banana can be stretched with a usual fork for facial skin, then this method of grinding is inappropriate for hair.
- And let the mask be liquid, not thick: this will allow you to quickly remove it from the hair.
- If the mask contains cosmetic oils, kefir, or honey, it can be slightly heated in a water bath. But be careful with their temperature regime, if in addition to them, even essential oils are included in the mixture (they cannot be useful at high temperatures) or eggs (they quickly collapse).
- Therefore, do not forget when testing a new mask every time to check it for the presence of allergens in your skin.
- Gently rub the mixture into the scalp, trying not to ruffle your hair too much.
- The head should be dirty and slightly damp.
- If it is very scary that the Banana does not drain out of the hair afterward, add olive oil to each mask (1 tablespoon will be enough).
- Heat compress will increase the effect of the product, so you need to wear a plastic cap or ordinary cellophane over the treated hair. Terry towel completes the greenhouse effect and creates an optimal procedure for the rapid flow of all processes in the scalp.
- Put the mast for 20–30 minutes, no more, since if you let the Banana dry on your hair, it will not want to be washed off.
- Frequency – once a week will not be enough, the duration of treatment is 8-10 masks. Return to the Banana will be in a couple of weeks.
How to wash hair after a banana mask?
How to wash bananas off their hair easily and quickly.
- There is nothing complicated about it. Do not rush to lower your head under the stream of water immediately.
- First, apply shampoo or balsam-rinse directly on the mask (the latter is even preferable) and make foam.
- If the mass is too thick and will not be whipped, lightly moisten your palms. And only after such a massage can you wash off the banana mask under a strong stream of water at room temperature.
- Then, if necessary, you can comb your hair right in the water to remove the last pieces of Banana stuck in the strands.
- The final stage is rinsing the head with an extract of chamomile or nettle – any medicinal herb useful for the hair.