Moles can be called clustered cells; they are usually pigmented depending on how long it has been on the skin. Usually, they are colorless, but as time passes, they turn darker due to hyperpigmentation. The main regions where you can witness moles are around the neck, arms, and even around the shoulders and tights. Although there is no specific area where moles can occur, those were some of the most seen places for moles. Moles come in different sizes and shapes, and they can be irregular as well. It varies from person to person and can be from 2-4 millimeters and can also reach up to 5 millimeters at times. If for any reason you want to remove moles then read through.
The main reason for moles to occur in our body is the excess of melanin. It occurs due to excessive skin exposure to the sun rays causing them to harm the skin. After coming from a sunny day, it is seen that oily skin has become oily and sweaty at the same time. Due to excess oiliness in the face, the increase of the sebaceous gland in the body secretes more oil than normal, leading to the formation of moles.
How Are They Caused?
Moles occur when skin cells are clustered in one place, causing the skin around the area to turn thick. As we have seen, moles occur due to excessive melanin in the body, which occurs when more sebaceous oil is secreted from the sebaceous gland. When more skin cells are accumulating in one area, it leads to the formation of a mole. A mole can appear anywhere around the body and does not cause any harm to the body unless it is bruised or gets infected.
Signs And Symptoms Of Getting Moles
Moles are usually of brown or black color, but they can be of different shapes and sizes. Moles are usually ¼ thin in size and can appear anywhere around the torso, neck region, and sometimes even around the limb. They can be wrinkles or flat or even raised at times.
How To Diagnose A Mole?
Moles are usually situated anywhere on the body and differ in size as well. Usually, it is observed that moles appear differently based on the area where it has appeared. Moles are initially flesh-colored or pinkish, but they turn into the same skin complexion as the skin as time passes. Sometimes they can even turn darker if hyperpigmentation has occurred. Most moles appear black or brown in adults, and they remain permanent but do not grow any further.
Moles can have hair over them, but it is not necessary that all moles might be having hair. Usually, moles on adults are hairy.
What Are The Types Of Moles?
It is observed that there are different types of moles; some of them are:
· Congenital Mole: These moles are the ones that are present from the birth itself. They can also be called birthmarks. As you reach adulthood, these moles can turn permanent
· Common Moles: Common moles appear anywhere around the skin and are caused by excessive skin exposure to sunlight. These moles can vary in size from 2-4 millimeters, and sometimes they can also exceed 5 millimeters in some cases. They can be of any color, black or brown, which occurs due to hyperpigmentation.
· Halo Moles: These moles as normally bigger in size. They are covered with the help of a ring-like structure made out of the skin. The ring-like structure is usually light in color. Halo moles are completely harmless and do not cause any problem.
· Acquired Moles: These moles are usually seen in children and are pretty much harmless than the other types of moles. These moles usually occur because of the tremendous exposure of skin to sunlight.
· Atypical moles: These moles are irregular shapes and sizes and do not have any specific shape. Most of the time, these moles can turn out to be flat or round, but they can also be irregular.
How To Remove Moles Using Surgeries?
Moles are usually harmless, but it is always better to remove moles on a safer side. To remove moles, here are some of the surgical ways:
Moles come in different shapes and sizes; hence their removal and treatment also depend and differs on the size. The punch biopsy is usually used for smaller ones, and to remove moles; it is necessary to use a smaller device. Usually, the device used for removing the smaller moles cuts the moles into a cylindrical piece which makes it look like a circular cut. The moles present on the children’s skin are usually small; hence, this method can be effective.
To remove moles of most types, it is important to know in which category it comes. Shaving is usually used with moles that are probably bigger than the usual size of the moles. For moles that are bigger and on the upper surface of the skin, use the shaving method. In this method, the doctor uses some local anesthetic which is applied onto the moles and the area around them.
After the area turns totally numb, the doctor uses a sharp cutting object like a scalpel, knife, razor, or a tweezer to cut the mole. This process is called shaving excision. It is important to make sure that the area around the mole should be cleaned and maintained properly to not fall for any kind of infection.
This method is one of the traditional ways of getting rid of any outgrowth. It is much more time-consuming than the shaving method. The doctor usually cuts the mole and cuts the extra subcutaneous fat layer to be on the safe side. This process might include stitches depending upon the area that is cut. It is necessary to make sure that the area is kept clean and dry after the surgery.
Home Remedies To Remove Moles
- Lemon Juice: Lemon juice has numerous antifungal properties and is also known for its astringent taste. It can turn the mole lighter and will help it disappear. All you need is one teaspoon lemon juice, a cotton ball, and adhesive tape to cover the area. Use the cotton ball, apply some juice to it, and keep it over the mole for 15 to 20 minutes. Place the tape to keep it intact and covered. Repeat this procedure at least one time a day.
- Onion Juice: Onion is known for its medicinal properties. The acid present in the onion helps in getting rid of the mole. With the help of onion, one can remove moles within a few days. Grate the onion and make a paste; remove the juice and apply it over the mole. Leave it for an hour and repeat this process daily to get the best result.
- Garlic: Garlic is one of the most used compounds in the kitchen. It is known for its various medicinal properties, such as is antifungal, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and antimicrobial. It is one of the tastiest ingredients used in food. Crush two cloves of garlic and apply it over the mole for a few weeks. You will see that the mole will fall off after drying totally.
- Coconut Oil: We all know that coconut oil is known for its vivid benefits, out of which removing moles is one of them. Apply a small drop of coconut oil over it and leave it on the skin. Continue this process every day at least two times.
What Are The Benefits Of Garlic?
Garlic is one of the most used ingredients in the kitchen all around the world. It is known for its medicinal properties. This compound is used all around the world for cooking as well as a great way to treat many diseases. It is highly nutritious has a rich amount of manganese and vitamin B6. It contains calcium, potassium, and iron as well. Usually, garlic is also used to treat smaller ill health as a common cold and can help in reducing blood pressure. It helps in reducing the risk of cardiovascular diseases and hence helps in protecting one from heart issues.
One of the major benefits of garlic is that it can cure major diseases such as Alzheimer’s and dementia. Alzheimer’s is a disease of permanent forgetfulness, and garlic acts as an antioxidant that helps in supporting the body to protect its mechanisms. It also helps in reducing brain diseases and helps in improving brain focus. Garlic also helps in improving one’s bone health. It helps in reducing bone loss and helps in increasing estrogen levels in females. A lot of studies say that having garlic can help women to increase their estrogen levels.
Apart from that, we all know that garlic is very tasty when added to food. It has a strong smell which gives a very good aroma to any food it is. Garlic also is used as staple spices in some countries.
I hope you found the article “how to remove moles using garlic” helpful and interesting. If so, don’t forget to share it with your family and friends on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Happy reading!